PaperCut Print Management System
The PaperCut print management system allows Stevenson University the ability to manage the printing and copying services for the faculty, staff and students. In addition to the regular printing and copying services, this software provides the following features to all;
- “scan to email” allowing the scanning of documents, converting them to PDF or TIFF images and sending them by email
- a virtual “Follow You” print queue where your jobs are held to be released by you at any copier – on any Stevenson campus
- a “WebPrint” service for printing from personal devices to Stevenson copiers
- a “Secure Print” option to hold a document and require a password to release the job before printing (important for FERPA and HIPPA compliance)
- automated management of regular semester of “free printing” fund allocation for student printing and copying
Full details on the Stevenson University Print Management Program can be found at this link. The costs for printing and copying are as follows:
- $.05 for a single black and white page of 8.5×11 inch
- $.03 for the back side of a duplexed black and white page ($.08 total for one duplexed page of 8.5×11 inch)
- $.15 for a single color page page of 8.5×11 inch
- $.05 for the back side of a duplexed color page ($.20 total for one duplexed color page of 8.5×11 inch)
- $.30 for page size larger than 8.5×11 of either color or black and white
Students are provided with $15.00 of “free printing” funds at the start of each major semester (fall/spring). On the 1st of each month, any account that has been depleted will be brought up to $10.00. If a student uses up their “free” funds prior to the end of the month and needs to print or copy, they may add funds to their SUOne Card account and continue to print and copy using those funds. Full details on the Stevenson University Print Management Program can be found at this link.
Refunds are only offered when the job fails to print or the printed document(s) are damaged, streaked or otherwise unsuitable. Refunds are not offered for printing mistakes (improperly formatted documents, accidental multiple print submissions of the same file, failure to log off of a session, etc.). Instructions for requesting a refund for a failed/damaged print can be found in this FAQ.
The new “proximity” card readers work in exactly the same manner as the building access card swipes. Simply hold your card near the reader until the reader “beeps”. The copier touch screen will prompt you to accept the login. Gently press the “Yes” button to unlock the copier and access all of the available features. If you had print jobs held in the “Follow You” or “WebPrint” queue, they will immediately start printing. Please do not forget to end your session by pressing the “Log Off” button on the touchscreen in the upper right corner when you have completed your work. If your card fails to work with the new devices, please contact the Helpdesk for guidance.
Every campus computer has a “Follow You” virtual printer installed. Sending your print jobs to this printer will result in that file being held until you go to a Xerox copier, swipe your SUOne card and click the “Yes” option on the touch screen to access the copier. The jobs will immediately start printing at your current location – regardless of where you were when you were when you submitted the jobs.
The new WebPrint service workes in nearly the same way as the Folow You printing with the sole exception of how you submit your jobs. Visit the https://supapercut.stevenson.edu web site and log in with your Single Sign On credentials. Click WebPrint on the left navigation and follow the prompts to upload your files for printing. WebPrint is supported on the following platforms/devices: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Android. Please Note – Due to restrictions by Apple, Apple iOS devices are not capable of using WebPrint. The following file types are supported for WebPrint:
- Microsoft Office Excel (xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx)
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint (pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx)
- Microsoft Office Word (doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf)
- Microsoft XPS (xps)
- PDF (pdf)
There are currently 15 student-accessible copiers for walk-up access found in the following locations:
- OMN – SD 109, SD 124
- OM – SOBL lower level (outside of Jazzman’s), Library copy room, SOBL 201, Caves Commuter Lounge
- GS – DC 231, SU 232, EX hallway, KH 120, KH 201, SC lower level hallway, Library 1st floor “Refcore”, Library 1st floor behind LRC17, Library 2nd floor
Ever want to know how “green” you are with your printing and copying? Log in to your PaperCut account at https://supapercut.stevenson.edu and scroll down to the “Environmental Impact” section.